Although cloud file sharing services are convenient, users at law firms, healthcare organizations and other privacy-oriented businesses are inadvertently putting their files – and their firms – at risk for security breaches. Hitachi Solutions developed Credeon Cloud Data Protection as a straightforward drag and drop add-on that allows secure team collaboration and mobile access with confidential files that are shared on the widely used cloud services Box, Dropbox and SkyDrive.
Credeon Cloud Data Protection eliminates data exposure concerns on these popular services with easy-to-use, professional-strength data protection. It automatically encrypts and decrypts files shared in the cloud, protects from accidentally distributing files in the clear, and includes a desktop key management system that prevents cloud services from accessing unencrypted files, among other features.
For a limited time, Credeon Cloud Data Protection is available as a no cost, fully-functional trial at http://credeon.hitachisolutions-us.com.
With Credeon Cloud Data Protection, global team managers and professionals working with private information directly control who can access and view files. Sensitive files automatically remain in an encrypted state as they are distributed among team members and are shared on mobile devices. Since the encryption key is stored on the user’s system, not in the cloud, Credeon provides complete privacy and Dropbox, or the other file sharing services, cannot access the unencrypted data.
Credeon Cloud Data Protection includes:
- Industry-standard AES-256 bit encryption algorithms and a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptograph module, among the strictest security in common use today
- Automatic encryption and decryption; does not require the user to alter file settings or set passwords
- Precise security controls, including offline IT management login policy and account lockout settings
- The ability to secure file sharing on multiple cloud services and with multiple project teams
- Unlike other data protection products, the encryption key is stored on the user’s system; the data is completely private and the cloud service never has access to the unencrypted data
- Patent-pending enhanced security key management system provides additional protection
- A free iOS application, with an Android app coming soon, that allows secure viewing of files on mobile devices
More information at http://credeon.hitachisolutions-us.com.
By Guest Blogger: Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd